Our Client is looking to recruit a Control Engineer who will be required to work for the Testing and Commissioning Team, to ensure the safety of all personnel working within live substations and overhead line environment.
The Control Engineer will also be responsible for overseeing all Safety Switching and consent issue and cancellation of safety documents and will be required to carry out switching and safety precautions on HV and LV Apparatus when required.
- Log all access and egress of substations and work sites
- Oversee Energisation of new Substations and Overhead Lines.
• Undertake Switching on 11KV Electrical Network and 750v d.c. Overhead Lines and LV Systems
• Consent the Issue and Cancellation of Safety Documents.
• Correct implementation of Safety Precautions to ensure Safety from the System
• Approve Switching Schedules
• Advise personnel in emergency situation
• Monitor SCADA System
• Provide technical support to personnel
• Carry out duties of a Senior Authorised Person when required
• Carry out Competent Person training and approve employee and sub-contractor competence
• Responsible for managing third party interfaces
• Manage Electrical Safety
• HNC/HND/Degree Electrical Engineering.
• IOSH/NEBOSH desirable
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Experience of working within a construction site environment
• Experience in a similar role
• Previous Authorisations
• Knowledge of Protection
• Ability to read drawings
• Familiar with working in and around live railway/tram systems (PTS)
• Knowledge of: Health and Safety at work act 1974. Management of Safety 1999
• Computer Literate
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENIES:
• Experience of Microsoft Office Software.
• Experience of SCADA Systems
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.