Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Contracts & Procurement Manager on a Permanent Contract based in Coventry.
Scope of Role: -
- To design, implement and maintain a contracts and procurement strategy which can support the business both locally and internationally, ensuring compliance with client policies, procedures, and any associated statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that the client is managing the development and implementation of procurement activities, policies and processes and converting the strategic business direction into realised procurement strategies and initiatives, driving improved quality, cost, and delivery.
- Manage the contractual aspects of new business activities while providing expertise to manage and mitigate contractual risks and ensure that the client is fully protected under the contract terms.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the contracts and procurement function, providing guidance on all aspects of contracts and procurement activities
- Supporting the Commercial Director in the review of client terms and conditions to assess and qualify contracts in accordance with the contracting policy
- Commercially negotiate terms and conditions with clients and supply chain partners comprising legalities, governance, fees, and Intellectual Property
- Develop and maintain standard terms and conditions (goods and/or services) for use with Clients and Suppliers across various jurisdictions
- Assess and draft required flow-down terms and conditions to be instilled within back-to-back subcontract/supplier agreements
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the procurement team, leading all procurement activities including the supplier selection and sourcing from inception through completion of projects
- Develop and deliver sourcing initiatives which leverage and optimise strategic sourcing & key supplier management plans while delivering improvements to quality, cost, and delivery
- Establish and maintain a centralised Approved Vendor List which includes pre-qualification and regular performance reviews/KPI’s of key suppliers
- The duties outlined above are not intended to be exhaustive.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a contracts and procurement function
- Familiarity with common Forms of Contract (NEC, Network Rail, LOGIC etc)
- Good understanding of contract law and commercial awareness
- Strong strategic sourcing experience evidenced through successful delivery in previous roles
- Experience within ERP platforms (SAP preferred)
- The ability to consider the wider issues whilst paying attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and a confident presenter
- Ability to look continuously for opportunities for improvement and to develop strategies for change to influence and shape the future direction of the business
- Excellent financial awareness and experience of managing budgets.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline including Law, Quantity Surveying or Supply Chain.
- Professional certification of an external body including the likes of RICS, CIPS, ISM, IACCM etc
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!