Undertake all of the following activities:
- The supervision of assigned resources to effectively deliver specific tasks that contributes to the safe delivery of a project, to time cost and quality.
- The supervisor is also expected to undertake assigned work instructions themselves to compliment and complete tasks.
- For those more able the management and delivery ownership of smaller projects.
- To ensure compliance to safe working practices and procedures of both themselves and others throughout the construction phase, ensuring all work is completed to high quality of standards.
- Delivery of the tasks within project budget estimates including time and cost.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in compliance with the defined quality standards and undertaking corrective actions where necessary
- Identification of contract scope variations and where appropriate the negotiation with customer representatives to ensure that POC are commercially rewarded for all such work identified.
- Reporting into a Construction Engineer, Senior Construction Engineer or Regional Manager and ensuring effective co-ordination with Regional Management Team in the execution of the work.
Health and Safety
- Undertaking of Risk Assessments and preparation of Method Statements for tasks to be carried out, ensuring compliance at all times with the company’s duties under CDM regulations and Safety Rules
- Issuing of Work Instructions and records to all operatives
- Maintain awareness of HSEQ Policy, Procedures, Process and Distribution Safety Rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role.
- Promotions of zero harm culture on site through pro- active management of health and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance with company duties under CDM regulations and customer safety rules.
- Ensure adherence to Safety Rules, instructions and standing orders of POC and customers.
- Ensure that all staff are able to identify and avoid electrical hazards.
- Complete, record and review risk assessments as instructed.
- Undertake site inspections and safety audits
Skills and Experience
• IT Literate- knowledge of Microsoft products preferred
• Relevant experience in either a civil or electrical environment
• Supervising team and leading teams
• Operating in the Customer Connections Market Place
• Working for DNO or Major
- Electrical Contracting organisation preferred
• Full UK Driving Licence
• NRSWA Supervisor
• GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
- ONC/BTEC Level 3 in an electrical technical discipline
• ENC Operationally Authorised and Competent