My client is a prestigious construction company, who provide services ranging from advice to design, construction to equipment and facilities management to frontline public services. Their market sectors include Aviation, Defence, Education, Highways, Nuclear, Waste and Waste, Commercial, Energy and Utilities, Industrial and Pharmaceutical.
My client has been awarded a prestigious Energy From Waste project (valued at £177m) and are therefore looking to recruit an experienced Construction Manager to head up this exciting project.
The project is located just East of Edinburgh, and is due to last 36 months.
As the successful Construction Manager it is your responsibility to effectively and expertly supervise the site works including subcontract packages in accordance with company procedures, programme requirements and project specifications.
This is an Energy from Waste project so it is essential you have experience within construction of Energy from Waste plants.
• Supervise subcontractors, labour and material requirements for the project and support the Project Manager with issues relating to on-site activities.
• Safeguard all works carried out in line with statutory regulations, current standards and company quality assurance procedures.
• Maintain good communications within the project team, direct any construction supervisors, students or trainees in the project team. This includes supervising, conducting appraisals and assisting with development issues.
• Support in understanding the design process and report to project manager/design team any design incongruities.
• Resolve site problems when they occur, providing feedback to the Project Manager.
• Safeguard record keeping and work closely with the relevant commercial staff to ensure close control of commercial packages.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Construction related qualification to HNC level.
• Previous experience as a Construction manager on major projects (Energy from Waste projects essential).
• Management experience of multiple trade contractors.
To considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.