We are working with a leading Contractor covering a range HV Substation Project.
We are now looking for more support and have the following;
ROLE: Commissioning Engineer
Working on HV Substation Projects covering Primary and Protection Commissioning.
Working within a small commissioning team the Commissioning Engineer will play a direct role in ensuring that we deliver a world-class product to our customers thereby realising maximum profit for the business. Given the nature of our work in Ireland and UK there will be a requirement to work and stay overnight in UK / Ireland on a regular basis. This post will require a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability.
- HV Substations Primary and Protection Commissioning.
- A third level qualification in an electrical or electronics discipline, preferably power engineering.
- Considerable previous experience in a Commissioning Engineer role within the electrical Supply
- industry carrying out all relevant tests using highly specialised equipment.
- A sound working knowledge of protection schemes and their application.
- Ability to use computerised test injection equipment and perform injection tests in line with relay manufacturers recommendations.
- Ability to perform injection of primary quantities to establish correctness of connections, wiring and scheme integrity.
- Ability to prove the correctness of calculated settings where high impedance schemes are used, for example in Buszone and Restricted Earth Fault schemes.
- Along with the client-side representative, ability to provide technical sign-off on the project before the process of making live and putting to work.
- Ability to establish communications paths between relays and to RTU or EMS as appropriate.
- Experience in holding commissioning site meetings and commissioning progress reviews.
- Experience in delivering on-site operational training for client staff.
- An ability to work closely and effectively with management and project teams to achieve challenging targets.
- The flexibility and adaptability to succeed within a demanding business.
- Access to a form of transport to meet the requirements of the role, with the flexibility to travel throughout the UK when required.
It would be advantageous for the jobholder to have the equivalent of Senior Authorised Person status.
The successful applicant will be based from our offices in Perth. However this is a flexible role with the requirement to travel throughout the UK and Ireland to meet the demands of the role.
Please contact me on 0121 667 8637 and send a cv to email@example.com