Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer on either a contract or Permanent basis. The Job location is in Stone but will involve you traveling to various sites.
The ideal Commissioning Engineer will have a sound Electrical Engineering background and be Responsible for all site related aspects of delivering E,C&I projects Safely to time and specification.
They will also be able to do the following:
• To understand drawings and test specifications, to complete the Site Acceptance Testing.
• Fault find any errors found and fix where possible or provide the necessary information to facilitate its resolution by others.
• Electrically proficient, understanding of IO (AC&DC).
• To be able to mark-up drawings and sign off drawings as part of the testing process.
• Demonstratable understanding of communications – fibre optics and serial comms.
• Knowledge of substations
• Navigation the software RTU/DCS/SCADA as part of the commissioning activities and fault finding.
• Articulate and have good communication skills both written and verbal
• Recent National Grid Site experience or DNO experience
• To have successfully completed Safety Passport training or an alternative safety course
• To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g. manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM, confined spaces etc.
• Demonstrable experience of delivering E,C&I solutions on site with a track record of success – on time, to specification and within a commercial environment
• Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
• Full UK driving licence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, Engineering, or a similar field
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in IT Systems and Security Engineering, at least 5 years at a senior level.
- Experience in delivering large-scale projects and 2nd line support within a corporate IT Service Management and Quality Management Systems driven manufacturing organisation.
- A very high standard of producing and reviewing documentation within a regulated and quality-controlled environment including test procedures, work instructions and training material for other IT/IS staff and end users.
- Familiar with ESX server
- Knowledge of DMA
- Valid DBS / Comfortable to get one.
- Must have Umbrella company/ NO limited companies.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!