Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Civils Estimator based in Normanton on a Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work within the proposals team processing tenders for receipt to submission.
- Maintain tender database with all new tenders
- Reviewing tender documentation to fully determine and understand the conditions set out
- Quantify the extent of the works involved from tender documents
- Engage in the bid process to ensure timely production of submission documentation
- Identify potential risks and opportunities associated with the tender documents
- Identify and engage supply chain to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bids process
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates from first principals for a wide variety of civil engineering works, predominately in the Water Industry
- Check & ensure maintenance of a controlled copy of tender document & resultant communications
- Risk review of the tender to inform bid decisions in conjunction with Proposals staff
- Prepare subcontract & materials enquiries and review subsequent quotations
- Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary’s resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
- Check labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate with those derived from the tender programme
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the tender to the Managers for adjudication and approval
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
- On acceptance of tender by Client check proposed contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer
- Prepare and present the commercial handover documents to the contract delivery team
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure output & resource data collected providing feedback for future tenders
- Experience in developing civil engineering price build-ups from engineering design data and drawings
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng. or NVQ equivalent or at least 5 year’s Estimating experience
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Experience of working in the water sector
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!