Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Civils Estimator based in Ringwood on a Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain compliance with the integrated management system and to assist in mentoring estimators and junior estimators on the team.
- Fully understand tender documentation across whole suite of projects within the sectors we operate in and provide initial accurate assessment for all elements
- Engage with contracts managers and other experts within the business, ensuring there is a clear plan and programme of delivery
- Understand the build requirements and techniques, assess subcontract requirements, assemble enquiry documentation and issue
- Understand construction programming and planning
- Develop mitigation strategies as appropriate
- From first principles, produce accurate costs, access value engineering and risk issues and provide a comprehensive tender submission, anticipating changes in the marketplace
- Work closely with others across the business to gain an understanding of the project and use the advice gained from previous experience
- Understand design and understand the impact of individual / combined disciplines on the tender
- Be able as appropriate to work on more than one project at a time
- Present tender submission for approval ensuring a true and accurate picture of the tender is communicated
- Finalise project at tender adjudication
- Answer queries and undertake any negotiations
- Handover successful bids with contracts team providing clarity on the bid itself and programme of works
- As applicable support the development of the estimating team.
The successful applicant will have a track record of winning bids in the sectors of:
- coastal engineering
- water treatment
- up to £20m in value.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!