Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Civil Project Engineer based in West Midlands on a 6 month contract. The successful candidate will Join a team for our projects within the Power, Utilities and T&D markets.
Job specification: -
The Civil Project Engineer is overall responsible for managing the civil engineering, construction- and contracting activities, starting with tendering activities together with Sales and ending with the hand-over to the service department a/o client, with regard to scope, cost, time and quality so as to obtain the greatest return. Willingness to travelling up to 25 % (domestic)
To be qualified for this position, individual should have extensive years’ experience in:
- Developing project requirements, cost estimates, project plans and budgets within the construction industry (preferably on large multi-million dollar projects)
- Civil and structural design, ability to check and comment on civil documentation in accordance with contractual requirements of tenders / projects
- Assist in the negotiations and awarding of contracts
- Monitor, control, and report on progress (costs and budget throughout the project)
- Resolve disputes, negotiate change orders, communicate decisions to, client, subcontractors and management personnel
- Select key personnel and subcontractors for the project
- Knowledge of UK Building Market, Standards and Regulations
- To liaise with civil designers or resolve site Technical Queries, remedial works and snags
- To support CDM coordinator / Temporary works coordinator in the enactment of duties
Bachelor or Master Degree in civil engineering or another construction related area and a member of a recognised professional institution
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!