We are currently looking to recruit a CAD Technician to work on a permanent role in Derby.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake CAD drawing and detailing associated with the manufacturing of precast products.
- Producing AutoCAD General Arrangement and Reinforced Concrete details, with associated reinforcement scheduling for projects.
- Produce schedules for procurement and or manufacturing
- Liaising With Internal and External Clients, Contractors and Consultants.
- Ensuring work output conforms to specifications and Standard/Code requirements
- Maintaining project records.
- Liaising with the Factory Production Teams Assist with drawing queries from estimating & commercial staff on technical matters regarding product use and manufacture
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objective.
Experience in AutoCAD
- Good computer skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people including clients, contractors & consultants
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
- Be highly motivated
- Hold a valid driving licence
- English & Maths equivalent to Grade C or above
• Involved with reinforced concrete design in a civil engineering environment
• Specific AutoCAD qualification
• Knowledge of Civil Engineering products (eg Drainage pipes/manhole/shafts/cover slabs)
• Previous experience of working in Precast Concrete manufacturing environment
• ONC/HNC/BTEC in civil engineering or construction related subject.
• Experience in Reinforced Concrete detailing
• Experience in a BIM software package (Tekla or Revit)
• Knowledge of Eurocodes
• Willingness to continue personal development.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary, Contributory Pension Scheme
For more information on the role, please contact me urgently on 0121 667 8637 or 0786 092 1198, alternatively if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.