Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a CAD Engineer on a Permanent basis based in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design Deliverables together with tender stage design on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical / Civil schemes in the water industry.
Responsibilities of the CAD Engineer:-
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Preparation of federated 3D models
- Preparation of site layouts and general arrangements
- Preparation of pipe work detail drawings and Bills of Materials
- The use of Plant P&ID/ Revit/AutoCAD to produce the above models/drawings
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical and civil designers
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments
- Working within our controlled document management system (Cabinet) and common data environment (Viewpoint for Projects)
Requirements of the CAD Engineer:-
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential
- Autodesk Revit experience essential
- Autodesk Plant P&ID experience beneficial
- Knowledge of BS19650 (BIM Standard) workflows – specifically how models/drawings operate under these standards
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Engineering qualification desirable – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft & Google software packages.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!