Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for CAD Engineer on a contract basis based in Cornwall.
Our client provides clean water to customers across the UK
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s using Autodesk Plant software
- Preparation of 3D models of process plants using Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit software
- Preparation of layouts and General Arrangements from Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit models, and in Autocad 2D.
- Preparation of pipe work layouts and 3D models using Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit.
- Preparation of pipe work Isometric drawings and Bills of Material
- Preparation of Structural steelwork general arrangements drawings and schedules
- Preparation of RFC foundation and reinforcing bar general arrangement drawings and schedules.
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments.
- Control the flow of design documentation and filing using proprietary document control systems
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential.
- Either Autodesk Plant 3D or Revit experience essential
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!