Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a CAD Engineer based in Rickmansworth on a 6 months contract with an option to renew.
Job specification: -
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Engineer in our Rickmansworth office who will be working on projects for our clients. Client delivers design and build services to the Water Industry, including United Utilities, Affinity Water, Yorkshire Water, South East Water, Wessex Water, SWW Water and the EA.
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s
- Preparation of 3D models
- Preparation of site layouts and General Arrangements
- Preparation of pipe work detail drawings and Bills of Material
- The use of Plant P&ID/Plant 3D/Revit/AutoCAD to produce the above models/drawings
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments
- Working within our controlled document management system (Cabinet)
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential
- Autodesk Revit experience essential
- Autodesk Plant3D experience beneficial
- Knowledge of BS19650 (BIM Standard) workflows – specifically how models/drawings operate under these standards beneficial
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!