Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a CAD Engineer based in Cornwall on a 3 months contract with an option to renew.
Job specification: -
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s using Autodesk Plant software
- Preparation of 3D models of process plants using Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit software
- Preparation of layouts and General Arrangements from Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit models, and in Autocad 2D.
- Preparation of pipe work layouts and 3D models using Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit.
- Preparation of pipe work Isometric drawings and Bills of Material
- Preparation of Structural steelwork general arrangements drawings and schedules
- Preparation of RFC foundation and reinforcing bar general arrangement drawings and schedules.
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments.
- Control the flow of design documentation and filing using proprietary document control systems
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential.
- Either Autodesk Plant 3D or Revit experience essential
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who can prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!