Carry out building surveys and provide professional advice on property and construction, for all property types including (but not limited to) Healthcare, commercial, industrial, leisure and residential projects.
• Carrying out building surveys; determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
• Project monitoring; ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule;
• Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
• Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
• Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes;
• Advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction;
• Instructing on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings;
• Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
• Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations;
• Assessing and designing buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities;
• Instructing on construction design and management regulations;
• Negotiating dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair);
• Carrying out feasibility studies;
• Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings;
• Advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures;
• Preparing insurance assessments and claims;
• Predominantly working as part of a team but may be required to oversee and manage small teams of surveyors;
• To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Chartered Surveyor with RICS (consideration to CIOB etc. with relevant experience);
• Relevant qualification for historic buildings/building conservation (desirable);
• Qualified Building Surveyor or associated relevant discipline;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Competent in Microsoft excel & word;
• Experience with hand held technology/software (desirable);
• Proven ability to deliver high quality work in challenging environment (desirable);
• Previous experience acting in ‘Building Surveyors’ role in line with consultant/framework; appointment (i.e. GC/Works/5) or similar experience preferred;
• Experience with condition surveys of commercial/civil government estate essential;
• Previous experience managing minor works projects (desirable);
• Previous experience in CoW role an advantage (desirable).
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.