Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Building Service Engineer – senior level based in the Stafford on a 12 months contract with an option to renew.
Job specification: -
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Establish and follow up the CW Design planning in order to respect and improve the deadline of the project.
Coordinate timely interface data exchange between various designers: Structural/Architect., HVAC, lighting, Fire Protection, EM,… Verify and scrutinize validity of interface data
BS Drawing Management:
Prepare the provisional drawing list and manage its follow-up in liaison with EM Design Coordinator.
Monitor forecasted/actual drawing issuance date and assist PM in obtaining approval from client/consultant.
Ensure proper document control in dispatching the drawings to/from various parties.
BS Tendering & Costings:
Produce take off’s and cost estimates using existing estimating tools. Supporting the tendering function in the preparation of tenders. Assist the sourcing function in inviting tenders for design service and site works.
Assist the PM in selection, negotiation and contracting with local Design subcontractors in accordance with SAR sourcing process in order to respect the budget and the deadline of the project.
Verify, validate and submit for approval to the PM the monthly progress reports of the Design subcontractors and ensure that they are in line with budget.
Control and coordinate the Building Services design to minimize construction costs while satisfying EM and Contract requirements.
Initiate, report and follow-up any design modification during engineering or construction stage.
BS Risk and Opportunities:
Highlight to PM any design deviation, assumption or delay which may impact overall schedule or cost.
Assist the PM in identifying potential savings through value engineering.
Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in eBook and on site Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
Health and Safety
Demonstrate commitment to safety through participation in formal and informal discussions Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions Ensure safety work instructions are compiled Participate in the resolution of safety issues.
Initiate actions to improve health and safety where needed
Comply with the client’s code of ethics.
- Building Services Design schedule
- Improvement and respect of deadlines
- Float generated on overall schedule XXX
- No of NCR for interface issued on site
- Up to date drawing list
- Delays in drawing submission/approval
- Client Design comments
- Up to date drawing transmission register Respect of CW/BS Budget Respect of CW/BS schedule Actual BoQ cost vs initial BoQ cost Design Milestones Comprehensive RoR Savings from Design
Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent or more years’ experience in Building Services, either on design side or in construction activities Prior Building Service experience either in country of project or international
Specific Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of CW interfaces between trades (Structural/architect., HVAC, Lighting, Fire Protection,) in building works with value engineering knowledge.
• Ability to supervise/control basic designs in building works and calculation notes
• Capacity to work in international context
• Proven experience in the Construction of capital projects (Civil and building etc.) and preferably power.
• Commercial and Legal Knowledge.
• Excellent computer skills in using MS-Windows and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Fluent in English (oral and written).
• Planning, Organization, Negotiation and Presentation Skills.
• Creative and innovative.
• Open to criticism, able to handle conflicts.
• Achievement and goal orientated.
• Cultural awareness and team player
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!