Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Building Estimator based in Ringwood on a Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the estimating function within building in compliance with our integrated management system. You will also play a role in mentoring estimators and junior estimators in the team.
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of the divisional six point plan
- Ensure tenders are thoroughly assessed and understood
- Report on the viability of the tender and make recommendations whilst assessing risk
- Allocate resources across tenders ensuring adequate resource is anticipated and agreed
- Liaise with the Bid Manager and other experts across the business to gain an understanding of the project and use the advice gained from previous experience
- Undertake an Estimating function, and:
- Issue enquiries to supply chain
- Organise bill of quantities as required
- From first principles, produce accurate costs, access value engineering and risk issues and provide a comprehensive tender submission, anticipating changes in the marketplace
- Engage with contracts managers and other experts within the business, ensuring there is a clear plan and programme of delivery
- Provide prelims and finalise project at tender adjudication
- Answer queries and undertake any negotiations
- Identify areas of potential commercial advantage and value add
- Handover successful bids with contracts team providing clarity on the bid itself and programme of works.
The successful applicant will be an experienced building estimator able to lead the building estimating team.
You will have a track record of winning bids in the sectors of:
- fire service
- up to £20m in value.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!