Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor (Fibre) based in Peterborough on a 12-month contract.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 12 months supervisory experience in a similar role within an OSP Telecoms network infrastructure and installation environment. This will be an onsite role where the Team Leaders of the gangs will report to the Build Site Supervisor and the Site Supervisor will report to the Project Manager.
The Site Supervisor will be responsible for;
- Day-to-day liaising with all Stakeholders regarding site operations and or customer issues and be on call to deal with Out of Hours customer issues.
- Walkouts, survey and validations of siteworks prior to issuing to build pack for that work to commence.
- Coaching other team members and ensure a culture of continuous improvement, safe working and quality of work is maintained.
- Ensuring sites are always left clean and clear of defects to prevent any fines or penalties for over runs and communicating any changes or delays to the project, planning and permitting teams.
- Taking responsibility for actioning and resolving all FPN’s, S74’s or Defects as they occur.
Supervision of all onsite staff, consisting of direct labour and subcontractor teams and gangs, who are undertaking works for the CityFibre FTTH Project in Peterborough. These works could include but is not limited to;
- Micro trenching and road crossings for ducts in footways, carriageways and verges.
- Laying ducts and pipes.
- Backfill and compaction of trenches.
- Hot & Cold Lay Reinstatement.
- Box & Cabinet Building.
- Dart Testing.
- Clearing Blockades.
- Fibre hauling & Splicing.
Ensuring that all staff and contractors comply with all induction and site safety rules and are work in line with current and latest agreed standards, specifications, always permits and process to maintain Health & Safety standards, by checking and ensuring;
- Appropriate risk assessments are in place for each specific area where work is being carried out on that day and appropriate PPE is being used.
- Training certification and competence of the individuals doing the work is up to date and appropriate for the work they are expected to do that day.
- Plant and equipment are safe, calibrated and being used correctly and by competent, trained and authorised personnel.
- Work packs and correct and matches planned work for that day in accordance with programme requirements, whereabouts and Symology.
- Compliance with NRSWA notices and permit conditions, taking photographs and making recordings of the work environment before any work commences to ensure an evidence log and record is kept for before and after verification and or future queries.
- Signing, lighting and guarding compliance with NRSWA regulations and all permit board details including permit number and date is current and correct.
- Traffic and pedestrian management are set up and maintained in accordance with agreed NRSWA regulations and any specific permit conditions or requirements.
Completing daily reporting and admin, ensuring;
- Timely submission of daily measures, timesheets, lessons learned, and incident reposts to project team and client.
- Daily backfilling can compaction performance tests are carried out, properly recorded and documented.
- Speedy action minimising fines and penalties and accurate information is passed to the planning and permitting team to close any open FPN’s, S74’s or Defects.
- Early warnings, uplift requests and variations are properly documented and reported to the project team.
- Near misses, incidents, strikes and accidents are properly documented and reported to the H&S team.
- Knowledge and skill levels are where it should be and all team members are aware of the latest specification and requirements, arranging appropriate toolbox talks where required.
- Variation register is maintained and accurately capture all tracked changes or variation with a clear record own when this was agreed and by whom.
- Lessons learned register is maintained and reviews are attended by all relevant parties.
- Timely and accurate As Built Drawings and handover acceptance records are completed and signed off by all third parties such as the Local Authorities, Client, or other public bodies to ensure execution of works is seamless, works can be invoiced, and final accounts submitted.
- Must be a holder of a White NRSWA (operative & Supervisor ticket).
- Intermediate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
- have a valid UK driving licence (BE category, able to pull a trailer)
- Desired - CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card.