All applicants must use an Umbrella company.
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Bid Manager on a 12 month Contract based in Stafford.
The successful candidate will manage timely delivery of high quality, accurate, competitive value adding propositions to clients and to drive the resources necessary to win the bid. In order to do this effectively, close customer contact at all stages is critical in order to establish and define both the clients technical and commercial needs and then to progress and follow the offers through to conclusion
- To manage the Grid Automation Bids for UK, Ireland and Nordics region. Primary role is to manage timely delivery of high quality, accurate, competitive value adding propositions to clients and to drive the resources necessary to win the bid. In order to do this effectively, close customer contact at all stages is critical in order to establish and define both the clients technical and commercial needs and then to progress and follow the offers through to conclusion in conjunction with other members of the Grid Automation Commercial/Operations teams and Regional Sales.
- All propositions to clients need to be strictly aligned with Grid Solutions, Region and PL strategies and processes, in particular the risk assessment and tender validation instructions and to use the relevant live up to date tendering tools in force at any particular time.
- Co-ordinating with all external and internal customers is key. Interfacing with the operations and engineering teams of Grid Automation and also the other Grid Solutions businesses within both UK & World-Wide is critical. Management of the tender to operations handover and also management of feedback from operations teams once projects are delivered is critical in order to fine tune subsequent offers to clients.
- Responsible for preparation of all EA Sheets, adherence to BUSTAM/RAMS process, Project Risk Analysis, Cash curves, Contribution Margin forecasts and offer presentations in preparation for Commercial Approval discussion (TAC) with Grid Automation Senior Management Teams (internal) and External Customers.
- Strong team management skills are required to manage the Bid Preparation team to work as one flexible unit, organise and drive initial Tender GO/NOGO, Tender Kick-off and Tender review meetings in-line with current Tender Processes to ensure a winning bid strategy is defined.
- The activity includes Commercial & Technical Bid Solution preparation, solution profitability, planning, financial control, general reporting (internal and external) on all aspects of Bid Management.
- Ideally Engineering Degree with relevant Commercial qualifications
- Greater than 5 years Operation & Tendering experience in the Grid Automation arena related to Power Systems Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the Substation Environment, CDM regulations, Site Surveys, Health & Safety, Quality, Site Working, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Project Management.
- Man Management experience.
- Good understanding of Commercial & Contractual Terms & Conditions ie. FIDIC, NEC3 and similar.
- Undertake bids for all Grid Automation activities (Products/Systems/Support) and preferably undertake Innovation & SMARTGRID Project bids
- Relevant Commercial Experience, especially in working to achieve challenging commercial targets in terms of order intake and Gross Margin.
- Knowledge of commercial contractual conditions.
- Ability to interpret customer documentation including tender/contracts, drawings, procedures and policy.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to establish customer needs via direct face to face meeting and presentations in order that a relevant and competitive solution may subsequently be developed and proposed. Such proposal may need to be formally presented to the client via this role or one of the bid team members.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions (written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
- Advanced IT skills (email, presentation preparation, word processing, spreadsheets, project reporting).
- Knowledge of the Grid Automation tendering processes & tools
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!