Role: Bid Manager
To manage the Grid Automation Bids for UK, Ireland and Nordics region. Primary role is to manage timely delivery of high quality, accurate, competitive value adding propositions to clients and to drive the resources necessary to win the bid. In order to do this effectively, close customer contact at all stages is critical in order to establish and define both the clients technical and commercial needs and then to progress and follow the offers through to conclusion in conjunction with other members of the Grid Automation Commercial/Operations teams and Regional Sales.
All propositions to clients need to be strictly aligned with Grid Solutions, Region and PL strategies and processes, in particular the risk assessment and tender validation instructions and to use the relevant live up to date tendering tools in force at any particular time.
Co-ordinating with all external and internal customers is key. Interfacing with the operations and engineering teams of Grid Automation and also the other Grid Solutions businesses within both UK & World-Wide is critical. Management of the tender to operations handover and also management of feedback from operations teams once projects are delivered is critical in order to fine tune subsequent offers to clients.
Working closely with the Sourcing team in order to optimise the cost of the 3rd party material and services.
Responsible for preparation of all EA Sheets, adherence to BUSTAM/RAMS process, Project Risk Analysis, Cash curves, Contribution Margin forecasts and offer presentations in preparation for Commercial Approval discussion (TAC) with Grid Automation Senior Management Teams (internal) and External Customers.
Strong team management skills are required to manage the Bid Preparation team to work as one flexible unit, organise and drive initial Tender GO/NOGO, Tender Kick-off and Tender review meetings in-line with current Tender Processes to ensure a winning bid strategy is defined.
The activity includes Commercial & Technical Bid Solution preparation, solution profitability, planning, financial control, general reporting (internal and external) on all aspects of Bid Management.
Ensuring the delivery of all Bid Solutions is compliant with customer requirements and expectations, developed in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Drive the process of defining the Contractual Terms & Conditions, in line with Grid Solutions rules.
• Ideally Engineering Degree with relevant Commercial qualifications.
• Greater than 5 years Operation & Tendering experience in the Grid Automation arena related to Power Systems Infrastructure.
• Knowledge of the Substation Environment, CDM regulations, Site Surveys, Health & Safety, Quality, Site Working, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Project Management.
• Man Management experience.
• Good understanding of Commercial & Contractual Terms & Conditions ie. FIDIC, NEC3 and similar.
• Undertake bids for all Grid Automation activities (Products/Systems/Support) and preferably undertake Innovation & SMARTGRID Project bids
• Relevant Commercial Experience, especially in working to achieve challenging commercial targets in terms of order intake and Gross Margin.
• People/team management.
• Process and time management.
• Knowledge of commercial contractual conditions.
• Ability to interpret customer documentation including tender/contracts, drawings, procedures and policy.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before customers or small groups of employees.
• Ability to establish customer needs via direct face to face meeting and presentations in order that a relevant and competitive solution may subsequently be developed and proposed. Such proposal may need to be formally presented to the client via this role or one of the bid team members.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions (written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
• Advanced IT skills (email, presentation preparation, word processing, spreadsheets, project reporting).
• Knowledge of the Grid Automation tendering processes & tools
• Ability to multitask to meet strict deadlines.
• Good Appreciation and Understanding of the requirements of the Electrical Power Systems Industry in relation to Grid Automation solutions (protection, control, measurement, site practices etc.)
• A good grounding in the company’s working practices and procedures related to delivery of Grid Automation products and systems is essential.
• Good working knowledge of the UK, Ireland and Nordics electrical supply industry in terms of end users, routes to market, delivery models etc.
• A broad understanding of the Grid Solutions portfolio
• Good contractual, commercial and direct customer experience.
• Ability to understand and interpret customer expectations and requirements.
Job Location/Mobility Requirements
Mainly office based in Stafford UK with potential travel within UK, Ireland & Northern Europe when required
I’m free for a call on 0121 667 8637 or email me on David@rubiconconsulting.co.uk
Rubicon Consulting is fast becoming one of the leading providers
of highly skilled contract and permanent Engineering specialists in the UK.
We have one of the highest profile Engineering recruitment brands across all market sectors combined with the experience and reach that comes with over 70 years in technical recruitment.
Our combination of industry knowledge and technical expertise means we provide the best possible results every time!
- Commercial Managers
- Project Engineers/managers
- Design Engineers/managers
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineers
- Quantity Surveyors /Project and Managing QS's
- Bid/Tenders/proposals Engineers /managers
- Commission Engineers/managers
- Senior Authorised Person's/Managers
- Site Engineers/managers
- Health & Safety
- Project Controls/Planning
In the following sectors;
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Health & Safety
- Information Technology
- Management & Executive
Referral Scheme - Know someone who fits this job?
Refer them to us and you could land yourself £200 in the process