Within a successful regional business the opportunity has arisen to join the pre-construction team in a key role within the work winning team.
We operate across a range of sectors in both the private and public sectors working for a diverse range of clients from government departments to private developers.
Working with a team of commercial, technical, operational and external partners you will coordinate and manage the bid process for construction projects up to £40m. From receipt of initial RFP/ITT documents you will lead a bid team to ensure the right technical and commercial offer is brought together into a winning proposal within often tight deadlines.
For the right candidate we are willing to consider applicants who may be relatively new to bid management but have some experience in a pre-construction environment.
The successful candidate will have the enthusiasm and drive to look beyond the obvious and seek to drive solutions. You should be a self motivated individual - not afraid of a challenge, be results driven and have an entrepreneurial approach to solution finding.
You’ll provide enthusiasm, innovation, curiosity and drive and have a talent for wanting to seek out the winning edge.
You will be guided by a strong, well established senior leadership team that are committed to your professional development in a supporting, friendly, diverse working environment.
- Appraisal of ITT/RFP documentation to identify key risks and opportunities;
- Organising and leading bid strategy meetings;
- Formulating bid programmes;
- Leading the bid management process;
- Leading the development of bid response that exceeds our client’s expectations;
- Preparing presentations and attending interviews;
- Formulating and developing alternative proposals inc. value engineering & optioneering;
- Input into the planning and programming and the development of construction methodologies;
- Directly supervise a Graphic Designer;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- HNC/D or degree level in Construction Management/Surveying (desirable);
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & Powerpoint;
- Enthusiasm and the desire to win;
- Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines;
- Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team;
- Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
- Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others (desirable);
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective communication – both written and oral;
- Experience of managing a team in a bidding role;
- Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology;
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.