Employment Type - Full Time
Location - East Midlands
Within a successful regional business the opportunity has arisen to join the pre-construction team in a key role within the work winning team.
We operate across a range of sectors in both the private and public sectors working for a diverse range of clients from government departments to private developers. Working with a team of commercial, technical, operational and external partners you will coordinate and manage the bid process for construction projects up to £40m. From receipt of initial RFP/ITT documents you will lead a bid team to ensure the right technical and commercial offer is brought together into a winning proposal within often tight deadlines.
For the right candidate we are willing to consider applicants who may be relatively new to bid management but have some experience in a pre-construction environment.
The successful candidate will have the enthusiasm and drive to look beyond the obvious and seek to drive solutions. You should be a self motivated individual - not afraid of a challenge, be results driven and have an entrepreneurial approach to solution finding.
You’ll provide enthusiasm, innovation, curiosity and drive and have a talent for wanting to seek out the winning edge.
You will be guided by a strong, well established senior leadership team that are committed to your professional development in a supporting, friendly, diverse working environment.
- Appraisal of ITT/RFP documentation to identify key risks and opportunities;
- Organising and leading bid strategy meetings;
- Formulating bid programmes;
- Leading the bid management process;
- Leading the development of bid response that exceeds our client’s expectations;
- Preparing presentations and attending interviews;
- Formulating and developing alternative proposals inc. value engineering & optioneering;
- Input into the planning and programming and the development of construction methodologies;
- Directly supervise a Graphic Designer;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Knowledge skills & experience
- HNC/D or degree level in Construction Management/Surveying (desirable);
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & Powerpoint;
- Enthusiasm and the desire to win;
- Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines;
- Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team;
- Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
- Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others (desirable);
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective communication – both written and oral;
- Experience of managing a team in a bidding role;
- Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology;
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
To be considered for the role, please apply with an updated CV.