Our client is one of the leading utility service providers in the U.K. whom primarily work with utility sector companies to renew, refurbish and maintain their infrastructure and networks.
They are now looking for an Authorised Engineer to provide all necessary coordination of personnel / contractors and site management, customer liaison, supervision and technical support in the delivery of Construction work (replacement, reinforcements, diversions, new connections, multiple occupancy buildings, reinstatement etc) activities in accordance with designers directions across the London Networks.
You will take responsibility for the customer experience, ensuring that the customer commitments to National Grid are met and customer initiatives are always a high priority.
Your role will also include the following:
• Responsible for ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, compliance, customer excellence and commercial control.
• Management of the entire site and control of all resources to complete the works satisfying the requirements of the design, legislative (e.g. CDM), regulatory and following the company’s technical standards, policies and procedures.
• Surveying, organising, planning and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and contractors
• Undertake site inspection of projects focusing on the safe, compliant delivery of all activities in progress and quality of work completed
• Undertake or assist with incident reporting, investigations, submission of final reports as well as close out of remedial actions.
• Undertake or be working towards Temporary Works Supervisor duties for temporary works operations.
• Continually monitor performance and foster a culture of team working and safety, creating a background of zero harm and Injury Free Environment.
• Contribute in effective and appropriate planning to ensure optimum competent resource is available.
• Deliver the required targets and key performance indicators of the contract.
• Ensure formal site audits are carried out
• Deliver as appropriate toolbox talks, safety briefings and team briefs.
• Ensure Routine Operation permitry is submitted in a timely manner.
• To carry out standby and call out duties as required
• Proactively work with customers to ensure that you and the team offer an excellent customer service
- Previous gas supervisory experience is essential
- Authorising Engineer / Competent Person for routine operations (SCO5)
- Ability to lead on site and drive performance
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, safety and statutory regulations.
- Experience in delivering works in a safe and compliant manner
- Capable to support front line operational staff
- Exceptional understanding and commitment delivering on customer satisfaction
- Ability to influence and control cost
- High-quality verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in operations relevant to SCO procedures
- Current UK driving licence
If you would like any more information please feel free to give me a call or send me a email