We are looking for a dynamic individual with extensive Rail industry experience to lead a team of Civil / Structural Engineers working on a wide range of Rail Engineering projects.
• Degree in a Civil / Structural Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Chartered professional status, Masters level qualification, or equivalent
• Excellent understanding of UK Rail industry and stakeholders
• Significant experience of managing teams, business plans and budgets in the rail industry
• Entrepreneurial approach to building business and winning the confidence of clients
• Ability to work in a client facing environment
• Good communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of Network Rail Standards / Grip Process.
• Experienced in project lifecycles as project manager, project director or portfolio client
• Working knowledge of NR contracts / NEC forms of contract.
• Market engagement, business development and project bidding activities
• Supporting the strategic development of the Rail Business Unit
• Developing Rail Team capability, skills and competence
• Leading and delivering assignments for clients
• Managing and leading a multi-discipline team.
• Liaising with project team, consultants and client team.
• Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
• Developing and maintaining project plans.
• Developing and maintaining project schedule / programme.
• Developing and maintaining project resource schedules.
• Monitoring project progress and performance.
• Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
• Experience of working in an Engineering Consultancy practice
• Good links and relationships with people across the Rail sector
• Rail bridge assessment / design experience
If you are interested please feel free to contact me on 01216678637 / 07739756477 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org