We are one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
We are working in a partnership to deliver Professional Services consultancy to their Term Maintenance Contracts in Cambridgeshire. (In addition we provide services to other Peterborough, Oxfordshire, Somerset and Bathnes.). The contract in Cambridgeshire commences in July 2017 and is a 10 years commitment. To respond to this opportunity, we seek a highly motivated individual to help mobilise a new presence in the East Midlands region. The vision is to establish a small team of up to 10 staff in year one of the contract and then grow incrementally thereafter responding to local opportunities. The role will also act as a PMO function to distribute packages of work to the wider business when work cannot be delivered locally however growing the local team organically as part of a successful business.
- Be a Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or other related profession accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Have a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in the management of the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highway and general civil engineering design and construction.
You must be able to:
- Demonstrate a proven ability to deliver engineering projects at a variety of scales and complexities ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- Manage resources to align with changing workload patterns to meet project demands;
- Prepare fee proposals for packages of work;
- Monitor the fees of ongoing packages of work against set targets;
- Access the commercial exposure a package of work may have and initiate the necessary mitigation measures;
- Set and work to deadlines and targets, for oneself and others;
- Manage project fee earning profiles against forecast and actual costs
The role will be based in the Cambridgeshire region and is a permanent position. This role will work closely with an Infrastructure Services Team which is based in Ipswich.