You must have a mechanical gas related background for this role.
• Managing the day to day delivery of the service for significant Mechanical Gas Package Orders or group of Package Orders.
• Managing and leading a multi-discipline team.
• Liaising with project team, consultants and client team.
• Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
• Developing and maintaining project plans.
• Developing and maintaining project schedule / programme.
• Developing and maintaining project resource schedules.
• Monitoring project progress and performance.
• Providing status reports.
• Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
• Understanding of project management/ project controls and procedures normally associated with a project environment.
Act as a primary contact and focal point for the Employer in all forms of communication and information.
Ensure that a Project Scope together with associated budget and timescales are established and monitored.
Liaise with the project Principal Designer to ensure that the duties of the Designer as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations are undertaken during the delivery of the scheme.
Provide support and advice to the employer regarding aspects of project scope as appropriate.
Ensure that the Employer’s policies, procedures and quality management system are complied with.
Provide budget estimates and breakdowns of expenditure when required and ensure that any changes to the budget are communicated within a timely manner.
The candidate shall be educated to Degree / HND / HNC standard in a relevant Engineering or Management discipline and preferably be of Chartered Engineer status although Incorporated Engineers may be accepted.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years recent experience of project management in design and construction of onshore UK gas pipeline and AGI’s - Above ground installations, and shall be fully conversant with the requirements of gas industry standards, policies and procedures.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years recent experience of management of internal teams and interfacing with the client organisation.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate at least 5 years recent experience of managing under relevant NEC forms of contract.
• Degree / HND / HNC standard in a Mechanical Engineering or Management discipline - Gas
• Knowledge of APM BoK.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant NEC type contracts.
• Knowledge of Engineering & Construction methodology.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, including MS Project.