We are currently recruiting for an Application Engineer for a global client for a contract position based in the West Midlands. The successful candidate should have the key skills to plan, organize and direct the technical activities of the Customer Tender, working in parallel with the Bid Manager, and in close liaison with all Departments of the unit specifically Engineering and Sourcing Departments in order that all technical / engineering activities required to deliver the Tender are on time, to budget and quality.
Location: West Midlands
Length: 6 Months (ongoing)
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
Skills and Experience; -
· Substation Design Experience
· Specification writing
· Technical management of tenders
Job Responsibilities; -
· In addition to taking part in all design review process, the application engineer shall also manage all the technical interfaces between Client and internal / external Partners during the tendering period.
· Team Management: Motivate the allocated team members from unit disciplines to deliver their scope efficiently, accurately and to time. Encourage innovations which will bring about cost savings and increase client benefit.
· Project Planning: Analyse the proposed project programme to identify technical risks and opportunities.
· Technical Coordination: Coordinate technical issues between Engineering Departments, identifying and managing technical scope definition and interdependencies. Representing the Unit technically to all external Parties. Undertake technical coordination of all the company’s units involved in the tender. Internally be the technical authority representing the client.
· Tender Documentation and Internal Standards: Analyse, define and communicate all technical tender documentation and internal standards to ensure the delivery of the required documents on the project.
· Customer Relations: Be the customer point of contact for technical support when required and foresee market evolutions.
· Requirements: The desired candidate will be educated with an Engineering degree or equivalent, with significant relevant experience in a similar role within the transmission market. Further requirements include Competence in MS office package, good interpersonal skills, proactive behaviour and fluent in English
· Advantageous: Good knowledge and experience of AC and DC auxiliary power systems, building services and HVAC.
For more information please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Looking forward to hearing from you